In today’s competitive world, every company thinks of being on top of the mind of the targeted audience. To stand apart from the crowd, you need to know the tricks of the trade and be creative enough to adapt to market changes. Making your presence felt online through Google AdWords, is what the majority of the firms are turning to.
Google AdWords has proven to be the top pick by firms looking at enhancing their reach and expand their business horizons. Some companies prefer managing the AdWords advertising campaigns on their own, yet deriving the desired results. But sometimes, you ponder whether to outsource PPC management to a marketing agency.
This conflict is important to be resolved at the beginning of planning your marketing strategy. Let’s take a look at some factors which can help you decide which path to tread, and which option to choose – Do It Yourself (DIY) AdWords campaign or go with a professional marketing agency.
- How much to spend: Money makes the world go round! This stands true even for deciding how much you would want to spend on your Google AdWords Advertising. With an investment as low as $500, going up to a few grands, it all depends upon the company’s budget and size. A small sized company may not want to spend too much on this expensive strategy by adding on to the agency costs, which are recurring. But a growth-focused company would like to invest in an external marketing agency and let them tackle it their way to get the expected results. This decision can help one scale up to the next level.
- Expertise and experience: For PPC management via Google AdWords, an agency will always have an upper edge in the expertise and experience it brings along. A dedicated source deployed by a company, how so ever, experienced, stands chances of missing out on the new features, constantly catching up with updates and analyzing the trends regularly. The marketing agency will have a team of experts to deal with different matters and offer ready solutions at appropriate times. The technical knowledge possessed by the agency’s team helps in advancing further in the campaign.
- The value of time: A PPC marketing campaign is expensive not only in terms of money but time. And time is money, if well managed. An external agency understands this well and goes for suggesting daily updates, keyword management, suggesting incorporating new features for AdWords and much more. This, however, may get difficult for an individual to manage with limited time.
- Brand positioning and recognition: By understanding the company’s mission and vision and creating a top-notch brand image, an agency can help reach the company – top of recall cycle for the customers. AdWords campaign, using the right placement, and re-advertising to the targeted customers online, makes it easier for them to remember the brand. They would prefer relying on your brand the next time they have to make a purchase.
- Analysis, reporting, and advanced bid management: An in-house resource may sometimes not have the knowledge and access to the right tools for regular analysis of the campaign. A professional agency will be able to do a better regular analysis (using Google Analytics) of the campaign, suggests updates and renewals of keywords. Timely reporting of any issue, tracking competition, and handling advanced bid-management are all the perks that come along with agency services.
- Google partnership: You can benefit from the partnership that an agency develops with Google. They know the trends and can guide you better in terms of optimization of the campaign, traffic management, conversion, new features of AdWords, etc. The agency receives regular training from Google on all these and hence knows about what to expect further. This experience is exclusive to those hiring the services of an agency.
- Ever-changing environment and adaptability: Marketing trends are usually transient and one has to adapt to them very quickly. To be able to retain the top position in brand recall, the campaign has to be accommodative of continuous up-gradation, and additions for new features. The agency usually adapts quickly to any changes happening in the advertising world and will keep you posted on the same on time. This will also help you being picked by Google on SEO list in top searches.
- Augment growth and efforts: Knowing the market well, the agency offers customized solutions that would work best for your business. It would work on modifying the campaign according to the need of the hour and submerging the company goals into the campaign’s messaging and outlook. This can help the company achieve faster growth rates. An agency will act as a facilitator and augment the company’s team efforts. This collaboration can work wonders.
- Reliable, auto-mode, result-oriented: Another good thing about hiring a marketing agency is that once the strategy of the campaign has been designed and discussed with the client, the work is handled in an auto-mode. One doesn’t need to keep reminding them or asking for reports. This happens as per the deadlines, ensuring the reliability of the agency. The whole approach is result-oriented and works well most of the time.
- Suit your needs: Niche marketing agencies can suit your business needs and offer AdWords advertising solutions according to your field. The agency will match the market trends and the needs of your business. This results in a synchronized effort and constructive campaign being built. Knowledge is king, and the marketing agency can use the market knowledge to your advantage.
Google AdWords is a critical tool to enhance one’s visibility and reach. A well-designed and managed campaign can spin the wheel and help achieve the desired results. The marketing agency and the company hiring it – both would share the objectives of running the advertising campaign. It’s up to the organization to make the most of the services offered by the marketing agency. So, choose between the agency and your own resources wisely. Because the ultimate goal is the same for both.